Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Jesus Is REALLY Good At Renaming People

Jesus is pretty good at a bunch of stuff, but one thing he’s REALLY good at is renaming people.  Sure, he healed sick people, made the blind see, and even raised a guy from the dead.  That’s all well and good, but what I want is for Jesus to give me a cool new name.

Think about it, first there was Simon.  Jesus called him to be one of his disciples and Simon agreed.  Fine.  But then Jesus was like, “Hey Simon, that’s a pretty lousy name.  I’m going to call you Peter.”  And just like that, the name stuck.  Peter.  The Rock!  Who wouldn't want to be called the Rock?

Then, there was this serial killer named Saul.  After Jesus got his attention by blinding him, he changed his name to Paul.  There’s really not much to say about the name Paul, but at least he’s no longer named after arguably the worst king in the history of ever.  That guy Saul had a few screws loose.

Anyway, I guess I’ll just have to live with the name my parents gave me.  Although, once we recognize how awesome Jesus is and the eternal benefits of accepting him, he might not give us all a cool new name, but he will give us a new life!


P.S.  If Jesus does give me a new name, I hope he doesn’t name me after the Disciple John.  That guy was kind of a jerk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment