Monday, June 9, 2014

After Almost 10 Years, It's Time For A Change

I’m getting a new wife.

Here’s why:
  • My old wife was tired.  My new wife is full of energy.
  • My old wife had no patience for my kids.  My new wife has a renewed patience for my kids.
  • My old wife had very little time to cook dinner, even though she wanted to.  My new wife will have the time to cook dinner (almost) every night.
  • My old wife put other parent’s children before her own.  My new wife has her own children as priority number 3. (1. God, 2. Me, 3. Her kids)
  • My old wife was not following God’s plan for her life.  My new wife knows God’s plan for her life, and she’s following that plan!

On May 29, 2014, after being married to the same woman for 9 years and 9 months, I am getting a new wife.  After many discussions, prayer, and advice from others, Chantel and I have decided that she will no longer be part of the workforce and instead, be a full-time stay at home mom.

We knew even before we were married that our goal as a family was for her to be home with the kids.  Even though it took us almost 10 years to reach that goal, we reached it! 

We are by no means prepared for what is going to happen now that our income has significantly decreased, but our debts haven’t.  But we do know this:  with our faith in God, our love for each other, and the love from our friends, there’s no way we can’t do this!



No comments:

Post a Comment