Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Celebrate Your Independence

This past Friday we celebrated America and all of her greatness by cooking meat and blowing stuff up.

I love the 4th of July.  

I love America.  

I love freedom.
Independence Day is my 4th favorite holiday.

My other favorites are:
  1. Easter
  2. Christmas
  3. Halloween
Halloween is awesome, well, because candy!  There's no other reason for why I love Halloween; it's really just about the candy.

But I digress.

On Independence Day we celebrate our freedom, but our true freedom comes as a result of what happened on favorite holidays one and two. 

No matter what I screw up or how often, no matter how many times I fail, no matter how many times I get it wrong, I can rest in the freedom of no longer being bound by the chains of sin.  And it’s all because of the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Independence Day is wonderful.  I love it and I love all that America stands for.  I also love that it reminds me of where I find my true freedom - in Christ.

I am free!

No comments:

Post a Comment