Monday, February 10, 2014

I Can't Be The Only One That This Happens To

(I posted this on facebook a while back, but thought it was worth posting again here.)

I think I might be crazy.  Not crazy in a good way like, “Dude, that was completely out of the ordinary!  You’re so crazy!”, but, like medically, mentally not normal crazy. 

Lydia’s uncle has been sending her stuffed animals in the mail for a few weeks now and one arrived Friday.  We weren’t in town, so my friend Tim stopped by the house to pick it up for us.  Today at work, he stopped by my office to give it to me.  After he dropped it off, I went to my car to put it in there so that I wouldn’t forget it this afternoon. 

Fine, but here’s the crazy part:
 
I moved the box 5 time in the process.

Here’s how it played out.  First, I simply threw the box onto the passenger seat where it landed, shall I say, askew.  I thought to myself, I’m going to have a panic attack if I leave this box this way, so I laid it flat on the seat with the address label facing up. 

[With the last 3, keep in mind that by most standards, Fort Myers ranks somewhere near Mayberry in crime statistics.  If you don’t know where Mayberry is, let me know so that I can pray for you, then you can Google it.]

Paranoid that someone would see my address and attempt to rob my house, I turned the box over.  Still paranoid that someone would see the box and wonder what was in it, the fourth time moving the box was to put it upside down on the floor.  Now I know for sure that someone is going to break into my car, steal the package, then go to my house to rob it because they now have my address, the only logical thing to do was to take the box out of the car and put it into the trunk. 

I still have this odd feeling that someone saw me put the package into the trunk, watched me walk back into the building, and they are now breaking into my trunk to get the package and do all of those things I just mentioned.

I resisted bringing the box back into the office and waiting until I left for the day to bring it back to the car, but now I will be uneasy until the end of the day (or at least for the next 15 minutes).

Also, after all of this, the package will now stay in my trunk until sometime next week because by about 3:00 this afternoon, I will have forgotten it was there.

And this isn’t the first time something like this has happened to me.

Please tell me I’m not the only one that does this.


2 comments:

  1. Gah, must run in the family. I got my mail today and had to go to the dr. I had checks, hid them under the seat, then decided to put them under the toddler seat, put my other mail under a wadded up shirt! Funny, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must...and this happens to me more often than I care to admit, unfortunately.

      Delete